SALES ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (PUBLIC SECTOR)
Location: Northern, VA /DC/ Remote
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is a leading provider of Cyber Security Workload Protection Solutions. We’re building the future of cyber security and are looking for talented problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data and systems. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing today’s cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a self-starter with a passion to win, we’d like to hear from you.
Who We Need
We are looking for a hungry Public Sector Sales Director who’s ready to help grow the next generation of application security. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a go-getter attitude and is looking to build their sales career in cybersecurity.
What You'll Do
• Prospect, develop, and close new Public Sector clients for Virsec Security Platform across Federal & Civilian agencies.
• Leverage your deep knowledge of federal government procurement and security needs to develop pipeline, plan your territory and accounts, forecast, make sales presentations, and short term, mid-term, long-term opportunity management.
• Sell the Virsec Security vision to prospects through product demonstrations, events and target-specific initiatives.
• Qualify opportunities and allocate time and resources accordingly.
• Attain quarterly and annual quota targets.
• Establish access and maintain active relationships with key customer and partner decision makers to execute on sales strategy and goal attainment.
• Build cadence of new public sector proof-of-value evaluation exercises leading to procurement by prospects.
• Pursue relevant RFP/RFIs
• Collaborate with your peers across Virsec field engineering, marketing, customer fulfillment and product management to advance target accounts at both the individual contributor and executive level.
• Work together with partners to leverage their established account presence and relationships.
• Manage sales activities, updates, and create and deliver accurate forecasts in Salesforce.com.
• Ensure a positive prospect/customer experience and make our customers successful.
• Experience closing NEW business within the Public Sector.
• Proven ability to BUILD a business selling to cyber-security decision makers.
• 10+ years of solution selling experience with 3+ years experience selling software security within the Federal Government and Civilian Community.
• Strong understanding of Cybersecurity, and Cloud technologies and the market landscape.
• Track record of over-achieving quota in past positions, having worked for a cybersecurity technology provider.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to build executive relationships and create the demand that makes deals happen.
• Ability to clearly articulate a value proposition in a short amount of time.
• Must have an aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems and to explain concepts to a variety of audiences and skill levels.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• Ability to work remotely and be able and willing to travel on short notice.
• Must have the drive to succeed, work independently and to participate in a growing and exciting, fast-paced startup.
• Strong time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Active government clearances and badges preferred.
• Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office applications.
• Candidate should live and work within the Northern VA/DC corridor
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world.
• An energetic work environment that supports growth and development.
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages.
• People that enjoy having fun; holiday and summer parties, and a company that fosters learning and active contribution from all!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.