QA Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, California
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it.
Who We Need
Virsec is a cybersecurity start up headquartered in San Jose, CA. Virsec is looking for a test engineer who will be responsible for testing new features in the Virsec Security Platform (VSP) product. This test engineer will work closely with developers to provide detailed feedback on tested features. This individual will also be responsible for creating and automating test cases to ensure that all corner cases are covered. Test engineer is expected to have skills to be able to do initial triage of the issue to provide guidance to developers.
What You'll Do
•Create test cases for existing/new features in the product
• Ensure that released feature has been sufficiently tested
• Provide detailed feedback via JIRA for issues found in the code
• Quickly respond to fixes made in the code
• Maintain a flexible attitude to adjust to new/changing requirements
• Work with a global team
Skills You'll Need to Have
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• Two+ years of experience as a software developer/test engineer
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written & verbal)
• Experience programming in Python and object-oriented languages such as C/C++
• Experience with test automation is a plus
• Familiarity or working experience with Jira, Confluence, and gitlab
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages
• Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
• Catered team lunch once a week
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.